Hi!

Just to add my 2 cents to that thread:

I'ld really like to see something like vyatta or pfsense integrated as
"standard" VR.

We'd also talked internally about replacing the VR with some more
mature "appliance"-like router distro.

pfsense e.g. comes AFAIK with no defined API but instead has a very
nice GUI.
How would this fit into the concept of configuring the VR via ACS?
Would parts of the GUI - like IP configuration and basic firewall rules
 - hidden or greyed?
Where would one save the configuration, VPN certificates and so on?

- Stephan