Github user wido commented on the issue:

    @jburwell The old systemVM will also work, but that assumes it's serial
port is *always* the first port attached.

    The XML we generate will make sure that the Qemu Guest Agent port is the
second one, so the old SSVM template will still work. I run this patch in
production with 4.9 without a modified SSVM, works fine.

    The changes in the SSVM are just there to make it more robust against such
changes.

---
with INFRA.
---