On Thu, Jan 5, 2017 at 1:11 PM, Rohit Yadav <rohit.ya...@shapeblue.com> wrote:
> All,
>

> I've been working on moving our codebase and runtime-environment to Java 8,
> and since this is a much needed big change I want your feedback and blessings
> on:

> In order for this to work, I had to make changes in our veewee-based
> systemvmtemplate build scripts to install a third party opensource
> openjdk-8-jre distribution (xulu-8 is a openjdk-8 distribution from Azul,
> please review and advise wrt their terms of usage here:
> http://www.azul.com/products/zulu/zulu-terms-of-use/), since
>
> Debian 7 (wheezy) repositories don't have openjdk-8-jre and installing
> openjdk-8-jre from testing/sid updates several system packages such as libc
> that I wanted to avoid. Accepting this change on master/4.10 would require us
> to have a new systemvmtemplate for 4.10+ releases.
>

> With these changes, I've ran smoke tests across KVM, VMware and XenServer in
> the following PR and all of the tests are passing (ignoring known
> intermittent failures in vpc/rvr related tests).
>

> Thoughts, feedback?

Wheezy has roughly 1 year left (until May 2018) before it is EOL.
Since 4.10 is not LTS and the fact that both Java8 and Debian Jessie
could have hard to find issues I would suggest that you update the
systemvm now, and work through bugs and quirks throught the 4.10.x
version.
I believe there are other changes, like strongswan, as well that could
make 4.10 a potentially unstable version?

--
Erik