Hello,

The upstream Ubuntu and CentOS images will not work out of the box with
Cloudstack. I wanted to reuse them for my OpenVM project and failed.

The default metadata source is EC2 or Openstack, don't remember, cloud-init
will take ages to time-out and there is zero support for the root password
feature - in fact the cloud world is moving away from direct root access and so
should we - at least for compatibility reasons if not something else.

I am happy to put some more elbow grease into openvm.eu and make some
more/better templates.

I can also host other templates such as the cloud.com ones.

Open to comments, questions etc.

Lucian

Nux!
www.nux.ro