From: Marty Godsey [mailto:ma...@gonsource.com]
Sent: Thursday, March 2, 2017 9:20 PM
To: dev@cloudstack.apache.org
Subject: Migration of SystemVMs and Routers

I am curious if I am missing something.  I added a new cluster/hosts to my
4.9.2 instance. Made sure the switches that were added had all the VLANS that
needed to be added, my XenServer cluster had the appropriate network tags, etc.
I also, for migration purposes, cause I want to rebuilt an "older" primary
storage added a small temporary primary storage.

Now. The instance VMs start just fine. I can route, get to the internet, get to
my the console through the proxy, etc..

So here is the issue. The routers and the systems VMs are on the old primary
storage and old hosts I want to remove. If I put the "old" primary storage I
want to remove into maintenance mode, they "restart on the new hosts, but never
get connected. ACS thinks they are not booted, they don't get there config,
nothing.. This is true for the routers to. If I enable the other primary
storage, they start on the old hosts and all is fine..

What am I missing or what did I forget to do.

I have verified that the switches are configured properly as well as the
appropriate interfaces in XenServer.. This is an Advanced Zone install.

Regards,
Marty Godsey
Principal Engineer
nSource Solutions, LLC