Hi Wido,

Check initDataSource() in TransactionLegacy.java. The connection properties are
read from db.properties.

-Koushik

On 11/04/17, 10:27 PM, "Wido den Hollander" <w...@widodh.nl> wrote:

    > Op 11 april 2017 om 10:51 schreef Rohit Yadav <rohit.ya...@shapeblue.com>:
    >

    > Hi Wido,
    >

    > You're right, MySQL 5.7 has by default strict(er) sql mode enabled. To
make CloudStack work with MySQL 5.7, changing the sql mode makes MySQL 5.7
behave like 5.6 with which the mgmt server/usage server should work.

    Yes, but a client can do this as well. It doesn't have to be server wide.

    Do you know where the MySQL client is initiated by CloudStack? A few lines
of code there should/might be enough.

    Wido

    > Regards.
    >
    > ________________________________

ran into this error on the management server:

    > com.mysql.jdbc.exceptions.jdbc4.MySQLSyntaxErrorException: Expression #1
of SELECT list is not in GROUP BY clause and contains nonaggregated column
'cloud.i.id' which is not functionally dependent on columns in GROUP BY clause;
this is incompatible with sql_mode=only_full_group_by
    >         at sun.reflect.GeneratedConstructorAccessor50.newInstance(Unknown
Source)
    >         at
    >         at java.lang.reflect.Constructor.newInstance(Constructor.java:423)
    >         at com.mysql.jdbc.Util.handleNewInstance(Util.java:404)
    >         at com.mysql.jdbc.Util.getInstance(Util.java:387)
    >         at com.mysql.jdbc.SQLError.createSQLException(SQLError.java:939)
    >         at com.mysql.jdbc.MysqlIO.checkErrorPacket(MysqlIO.java:3878)
    >         at com.mysql.jdbc.MysqlIO.checkErrorPacket(MysqlIO.java:3814)
    >
    > I was able to fix this to add this to my my.cnf:
    >
    > [mysqld]
    > sql_mode =
"STRICT_TRANS_TABLES,NO_ZERO_IN_DATE,NO_ZERO_DATE,ERROR_FOR_DIVISION_BY_ZERO,NO_AUTO_CREATE_USER,NO_ENGINE_SUBSTITUTION"

    > Should we maybe set the SQL Mode as a connection parameter when
connecting to the DB? This prevents users from having to set this manually in
their MySQL configuration.

    > Did somebody else run into this with MySQL 5.7?
    >
    > Thank you,
    >
    > Wido
    >
    > rohit.ya...@shapeblue.com
    > www.shapeblue.com
    > @shapeblue

DISCLAIMER
This e-mail may contain privileged and confidential information which is the
property of Accelerite, a Persistent Systems business. It is intended only for
the intended recipient, you are not authorized to read, retain, copy, print,
distribute or use this message. If you have received this communication in
error, please notify the sender and delete all copies of this message.
Accelerite, a Persistent Systems business does not accept any liability for
virus infected mails.