I wonder how you plan to present the OpenStack environment to CloudStack; a
huge host with lots of resources? Or, do you intend to present all of the
clusters and hosts that the OpenStack system may have?

I think you would be better with a direct attach solution; meaning,
CloudStack calling directly the API of OpenStack to execute its job. I
think system VMs might be a little tricky to handle, but let´s wait to see
what you come up with. When you have a draft of a development proposal,
please count on us to discuss this further. Have Fun ;)

Side note; are you able to share a bit more details for such necessity?

--
Rafael Weingärtner