This looks good. +1
> On 04-Jun-2017, at 2:34 PM, Rene Moser <m...@renemoser.net> wrote:
>
> Hi
>
> I recently developed ansible modules for the ACL API and ... found this
> has a really inconsistent API naming. E.g.
>
> createNetworkACL <<-- this creates an ACL rule
> createNetworkACLList <<-- this create the ACL
>
> updateNetworkACLItem <<-- this updates an ACL rule
> updateNetworkACLList <<-- this updates the ACL
>
> My first thoughs was, someone has to fix this, like
>
> createNetworkAclRule <<-- this create the ACL rule
> createNetworkAcl <<-- this creates an ACL
>
> updateNetworkAclRule <<-- this updates the ACL rule
> updateNetworkAcl <<-- this updates an ACL
>
> But how without breaking the API for backwards compatibility? I know a
> few other places where the API has inconsistent namings. Fixing the API
> but in a controlled way? What about by adding a version to the API?
>
> I would like to introduce a API versioning to cloudstack: The current
> API would be frozen into verison v1. The new API will have v2. The
> versioned API has the URL scheme:
>
> /client/api/<version>
>
> The current API would be /client/api/v1 and the /client/api would be an
> alias for v1. This ensures backwards compatibility.
>
> This would allow us to deprecate and change APIs.
>
> Any thoughts?

DISCLAIMER
This e-mail may contain privileged and confidential information which is the
property of Accelerite, a Persistent Systems business. It is intended only for
the intended recipient, you are not authorized to read, retain, copy, print,
distribute or use this message. If you have received this communication in
error, please notify the sender and delete all copies of this message.
Accelerite, a Persistent Systems business does not accept any liability for
virus infected mails.