I believe he is talking about something different.

The Quota plugin is used to manage users' resources indirectly. Meaning,
instead of assigning the limit of resource a user can allocate/use, the
administrator/operator assigns a monetary value to users. Then, the user
has the freedom to use as much resource as possible with the monetary value
he/she got (are users also restricted to Account/Domain restrictions when
the Quota plugin is enabled?). On the other hand, Ivan is talking about a
new metric to be considered in Account/Domain limits. This Account/Domain
limit system is another way of managing resources that we have in ACS, and
it does not require Quota to be enabled.

--
Rafael Weingärtner