the -x would only add it to the comment making it harder to find. As for
multiple stable branches; merging forward always folows all branches
forward so a fix on 4.9 would be merged forward to 4.10 and then 4.10 would
be merged forward again to 4.11 and finally to master. of course there is
always work to do in terms of solving merge conflicts but these are
generally less then port work as the order of any commits to the
intemediats is always preserved.

--
Daan