This cache mode parameter does not exist in "CreateDiskOfferingCmd"
command. I also checked some commits from 2, 3, 4 and 5 years ago, and this
parameter was never there. If you check the API in [1], you can see that it
is not an expected parameter. Moreover, I do not see any use of
"setCacheMode" in the code (in case it is updated by some other method).
Interestingly enough, the code uses "getCacheMode".

In summary, it is not a feature, and it does not work. It looks like some
leftover from dark ages when people could commit anything and then they
would just leave a half implementation there in our code base.

[1]
https://cloudstack.apache.org/api/apidocs-4.11/apis/createDiskOffering.html

--
Rafael Weingärtner