No problem Marc, but I still do not think that having a parameter is an
overkill. My view is that if there is a decision to be made (regarding the
default response type for requests), if we (as developers) take this
decision (hardcode it), why not externalize it? I do not see as overkill,
it is a matter of having a flexible tool.

I do not think that forcing to have a response type would be a good thing
now. It would break requests that do not have it.

--
Rafael Weingärtner