Hi Peter,

The documentation is here:
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/CLOUDSTACK/Marvin+-+Testing+with+Python

but it's not the easiest thing in the world to follow.... ☹

In summary:

- we have created a CloudStack specific plugin for the nosetests framework
which is called Marvin.
- once you setup a link to a CloudStack repo as you would to install the
CloudStack management server, you should be able to yum/apt install
cloudstack-marvin cloudstack-integration-tests to get everything that you need
(note Marvin is written for python 2.7)
- you need to edit the setup.cfg to match your environment
- you MAY also need to edit the test_data.py file as well
- to run a single test run:

nosetests --with-marvin --marvin-config=./setup.cfg --hypervisor=vmware -s -a
tags=advanced $file

You can pass a directory rather than a file.

There is a lot more to it, but this is a start.

Paul.

paul.an...@shapeblue.com
www.shapeblue.com
@shapeblue