From: Richard Lawley <rich...@richardlawley.com>
Sent: 26 June 2019 14:07
To: dev@cloudstack.apache.org
Subject: Juniper SRX Support in 4.13

Hi,

In the current release, we list CloudStack as supporting Juniper SRX (Model
srx100b) versions 10.3 to 10.4 R7.5.  As I've mentioned in a previous email,
this is very old (EOL 2014).  The main thing that causes a problem here is that
somewhere between JunOS 10 and 15, Port Forwarding changed from being a single
port per rule to a port-range per rule.

I'm prepared to modify the SRX plugin so that it works fully with JunOS 15
(I've done some basics), but to fully complete this would require breaking
compatibility with older versions.  I think given that JunOS 15 is the lowest
currently available version, and 19 is also available, it would be better if
upped the minimum requirements.

In addition, when I asked previously for input from anyone using it, there was
only one response (from Jayapal Uradi), so I don't think this is being widely
used.  We're trying to use SRXs with JunOS 15 (and also testing with vSRX
appliances).

What are anyone's thoughts on bumping the supported SRX version to 15?

Regards,

Richard