From: Andrija Panic <andrija.pa...@gmail.com>
Sent: Wednesday, September 11, 2019 2:11:22 PM
To: dev <dev@cloudstack.apache.org>
Subject: Re: Dynamic scaling support for KVM

Correct Rohit - but we will not support scaling down the MEM (nor CPU),
since OS will crash, since there is no working ballooning driver (you need
to use ballooning device (check) and the driver inside OS - which is an
abandoned project - I have pinged an RHEL engineer for this, and he
explicitly confirmed).

So same scale-up as we do with VMware and XenServer - very simple to
implement I guess. One thing to notice, per my tresting (would be good to
confirm) - balooning device is automatically injected in the XML of a VM
when RAM overprovisioning factor is set (which hopefully no one will do) -
so we just need to inject the balooning device perhaps in every VM - again,
to be checked.

--

Andrija Panić

rohit.ya...@shapeblue.com