It would be interesting if we could come up with a  catalogue of api tests,
as serverspec [1] did for infrastructure tests.
if we would have some kind of library of tests, then the only  things we
would define in our tests suite would be the order of
unit tests and pretty much no code.

I don't know if there is an equivalent of serverspec framework on Python,
serverspec is the predecessor to Chef-inspec, unit tests for infra.
This could be a reference starting point.

Via nose2 seems to make sense.

[1] https://serverspec.org/