From: Pierre-Luc Dion <pdion...@apache.org>
Sent: Friday, June 11, 2021 20:10
To: us...@cloudstack.apache.org <us...@cloudstack.apache.org>
Cc: dev <dev@cloudstack.apache.org>
Subject: Re: [DISCUSS] Moving to OpenVPN as the remote access VPN provider

Just to be sure, what CloudStack > v4.15 uses Strongswan/l2tp or
strongswan/ikev2 ?

Because l2tp became complicated to configure on native vpn clients on some
OSes, kind of deprecated remote management VPN, compared to IKEv2.
I'm a bit concerned about OpenVPN for the clients, what if binaries become
subscription based availability or become proprietary ?

For sure we need the option to select what type of VPN solution to offer
when deploying a cloud.

>From my perspective I cannot use/offer OpenVPN as a solution to my
customers because it involves forcing them to download third party software
on their workstations and I don't want to be responsible for
a security breach on their workstation because of a requirement for 3rd
party software that we don't control.