I was not contemplating leaving Linux so your notes about other Linux options is very relevant.

It sounds like you are not concerned that CentOS Stream will be part of the QA process for RHEL and have occasional hiccups when updates are issued to the LTS version.

Ron

On 2021-12-20 06:51, n...@li.nux.ro wrote:
Hi Ron,

I wouldn't worry about it as much. Although the PR was "managed" horribly by RedHat, in technical terms I don't think the situation is as dire as it seems.

First of all, CentOS Stream is supported for 5 years, this is as good as Ubuntu LTS and knowing RedHat the QA will be much better than Canonical's. In fact, CERN deemed it good enough for their use, so if Stream is good enough to literally split the atom, then I don't know what other endorsement it needs.[1]

Second, there are already many RHEL clones out there, Oracle Unbreakable Linux, AlmaLinux, Rocky Linux, plenty to choose from.

And if the situation is still too shaky for your boss, then you could always go Ubuntu LTS and last, but not least Debian which is super stable and also with 5 years life time.

[1] - https://indico.cern.ch/event/1070475/contributions/4511844/attachments/2309304/3929738/lfc03-20210915-NoNDA.pdf