Hi guys.

> Imagine having an XSL processor in the kernel:
I don't think you are asking for xsl in the kernel.  What you are asking for is
the cocoon shell: cocoonsh.  Also, though it would be theoretically possible to
implement an xml aware filesystem-- Some experience (google search xdelta xdfs)
 has shown that a usermode filesystem extension (i.e. cocoonfs)
may be more convenient. And if you want that mapped to a mountable filesystem
in linux, use a thing like podfuk <http://uservfs.sourceforge.net/>.

The most useful thing the coda project has come up with is a simple filesystem
hook into linux: /dev/coda.  Podfuk is a great usecase.

The possibilities are amazing.

Tim