Sylvain Wallez wrote:

<snip/>

As an interim fix, I propose to call the validator function either when process() returns true *or* actionCommand != null. It's then the validator function's responsibility to know if it's called because of successful validation or because of an actionCommand.

Fixed. Tested both the examples and my application which justified the intial change. Here's the updated snippet that is now in CVS :

// If either validation was successfull or there was an event, call the validator
if ((finished ||this.submitId != null) && validator != undefined) {
finished = validator(this);
}

Sylvain