Hi,

it seems that the CommandManager of the Excalibur Event package
is not working as expected. If you add a command to the sink
of the CommandManager it's never executed.
Unfortunately, this code is used in the ContinuationsManager
for testing against expired continuations. But the
execute() method of ContinuationInterrupt is never invoked!

So, it seems that there is a bug somewhere in the event package
and our manager is not working properly.

Why is the CommandManager instantiated in Cocoon.java, put
into the Context and get out of it in contextualize in the
ContinuationManagerImpl? The CommandManager is only used
there. IMHO it would be much cleaner to either move the
initialization to the ContinuationManagerImpl or to make
a real component out of it. Passing components in the context
seems to be a hack, no?

I think, a simple solution would be to switch to the cornerstone
scheduler component. This component works (see the scheduler sample
in the scratchpad) and removing the CommandManager usage should also
fix the shut-down problems with Tomcat entered as a bug that annoyes
many users.
But if someone is able to fix both problems in the event
package I'm fine with that as well of course.

Carsten

Carsten Ziegeler
Open Source Group, S&N AG
http://radio.weblogs.com/0107211/