Joerg Heinicke dijo:
> Hmm, I'm not satisfied with the answer :-)
>
> Carsten has added a depend functionality to the gump descriptor and
> blocks-build.xsl. I.e. the user does not need to care and to know about
> the dependencies.

I will not be sure of that. What can I think if I know I need FOP and no
Batik and I saw that the build system is including Batik? Is this a bug or
a feature?

I think this is just a matter to inform the users about dependecies. We
have already commented many other files (cocoon.xconf, web.xml, etc) and
the comments has not other purpose that try to help users. The same apply
here, including dependencies into the build.properties.

We tell people: "Copy the build.properties to local.buld.properties and
changes this file as your needs." Then I saw fair tell them about block
dependencies.

BTW, I recommended the change because it takes me a day to understand why
my code that used FOP was not working (I set to exclude batik block) I did
it and the build system allow me to do that! Then my PDF stoped working
(blank pages) and nowhere was info about why this failed. I dont changed
the code at all! What happen here? Then I started a bug hunting and see
that somewhere in the catalina.out was the answer I was looking for. I
already have 1 year in the list and nowhere I saw nothing about the
dependecies between blocks.

Then I thinked that in order to avoid other people waste time (as I did),
we can improve a little by commenting about block dependencies the
block.properties file and write in wiki info about that.

But if you think all in all this is a non-sense issue, we go back.

> The dependencies are handled completely automatically
> - at least I hope so;

Hopping is fine, but the cruel reality is that this is currenlty not
working, remove cron and allow scratchpad block and you will see if this
is automatically. :)

Also I am not sure, but it seems there is another dependency (not tested
by me):

jfor requires FOP. Is this true? Please comments about that.

Best Regards,

Antonio Gallardo