Le Lundi, 22 sep 2003, à 15:59 Europe/Zurich, Stefano Mazzocchi a écrit :
On Monday, Sep 22, 2003, at 14:05 Europe/Rome, Sylvain Wallez wrote:
Taking the above example, does this mean :
- http://cocoon.apache.org/blocks/pdf/1.0 for the block ID and
- http://apache.org/cocoon/blocks/pdf/foo/.1.0 for the "foo" namespace defined by the pdf block ?

Mmmh... it certainly avoids conflicts, but can be confusing and looks somewhat inconsistent : why apache.org/cocoon on one side and cocoon.apache.org on the other side ?

because all namespaces (and only those!) are located on apache.org/cocoon. I think this is very consistent.

Sorry to jump in late, but at some point I saw the word "namespaces" in these URIs, and I think it can help avoid confusion.

Why not

http://namespaces.apache.org/cocoon...

for namespaces?

But it might be too late to change this one, so maybe use

http://apache.org/cocoon/block/pdf/namespaces/foo/.1.0

instead of

http://apache.org/cocoon/blocks/pdf/foo/.1.0

for the "foo" namespace defined by the pdf block ?

The idea is to make these URI's purpose explicit without hidden conventions.

-Bertrand