Ok, ok. I've checked in an implemention of arguments.continuation into the Rhino cvs on cocoondev.org. Please test it and let me know if it's ok. If so, someone can go ahead and update the cocoon cvs.

Regards,

Chris

Sylvain Wallez wrote:

Sylvain Wallez wrote:

<snip/>

Now back to the syntactic problem. I digged a bit and found the definition of the Scheme continuation at [1]. And although Rhino's continuations may follow that of Scheme, I see no real possible comparison between the respective syntaxes :
- Scheme's "call/cc" passes the continuation to its single parameter which is a procedure and executes this procedure. And the continuation (AFAIU) captures the state at its invocation point and not the state of the enclosing function.
- Rhino's "new Continuation()" captures the continuation of the enclosing function call and returns it, without further processing.

Update: after thinking further, I understand how Rhino and Scheme syntaxes relate. Rhino's function in which "new Continuation()" is called is actually the equivalent to the argument of call/cc.

But IMO this only enforces the fact that we don't *create* a continuation, but just *get* that of the enclosing function.

Sylvain