--- Bertrand Delacretaz <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> [1] I once tried coccinella (http://hem.fyristorg.com/matben/), it is
> great and very lightweight, cross-platform, uses Jabber for
> communication so no firewall problems

The project's website seems to indicate that it cannot go through
a firewall on its own.  Were you referring to the possibility of
tunneling through SSL?  It looks like a useful program if we can
overcome the firewall issue somehow.

>From the FAQ at http://hem.fyristorg.com/matben/faq/index.html
Q: From work/school I can't connect to the Jabber server?
A: You are probably sitting behind a firewall which I don't
have any workaround for yet. Work in progress.

--Tim Larson