Le Dimanche, 12 oct 2003, à 12:40 Europe/Zurich, Stefano Mazzocchi a écrit :

On Sunday, Oct 12, 2003, at 04:23 Europe/Rome, Jeff Turner wrote:
:) Let's remember that there's hard reuse and soft reuse. Hard reuse
means physically integrating with Forrest/Lenya. Soft reuse means
reusing ideas, people, and code where appropriate. For a new project in
RT phase, worrying about hard reuse with Forrest and Lenya would IMHO
just slow things down.

I agree: try to come up with a system that runs first and *after* try to merge the results and possible changes back in the original systems. This reduces the potential community friction when changes require some little paradigm shifts.

How about creating an "nds" (or "learningtrove") block and work more or less as I outlined in the original message:

-copy all existing docs to a single directory, "big bag of docs", in this new block
-rename docs as needed to give them permanent names (=numeric IDs)
-create a very simple publishing system for now
-start building the navigations, trails, tables of contents incrementally
-if the docs format changes for the new doc management system, navigation definitions stay valid

I like the idea of temporarily forgetting about Forrest and Lenya: a simple prototype with minimal constaints would help this move forward, and we can later backport the good ideas where they belong.

-Bertrand