I'm +0.9 on this, cannot help ATM but the logic suggested below sounds good to me.

-Bertrand

On 10.10.2003 12:11, Carsten Ziegeler wrote:
...The suggestion is to change the behaviour to (or the order
to determine the mime type):

- MIME type declared on the reader instance
- Ask the Reader for a MIME type. A *.doc reader could peek
into the file
  and return either text/plain or application/vnd.msword.
- MIME type declared for the reader component
- MIME type declared in WEB-INF/web.xml or by the server.

Because, *if* I set a mime type for the reader instance I will overide
the information with this.