Hmm, I may have spoken too soon.

I am looking into moving
o.a.cocoon.component.source.(Modifiable)TraversableSource into
deprecated area. In order to accomplish this I need to migrate
SlideSource towards that as well.

Now some things are quite different between these interfaces. To give
you an example the cocoon version of ModifiableTraversableSource
declares a method called createCollection(String name) which creates a
child collection relative to this source. Comparatively, the excalibur
one defines the same functionality with the method makeCollection().
This is just one example. To change all this is quite some work and I
for one don't see much point in doing so at this point.

So unless someone comes up with a beter idea I am going to move these
two interfaces back with the slide block and tag them as deprecated.

-- Unico