Sylvain Wallez wrote

> You know what? I started this refactoring on my HD at the time this
> problem was raised, but never had the time to finish it...
>
> >Anyway, I agree that refactoring the XSLTProcessor is a way to
> go and that with useStore the problem is not that important.
> >
> >BUT, then even if the content is fetched from the cache, the
> XSLT Processor is "activated" for the stylesheet, which is imho a
> total overkill for finding out that the main stylesheet has
> changed; so I still think this option is very very useful and
> doesn't do any harm.
> >

> Sorry, I don't understand "activated". Do you mean that a
> TransformerHandler is created? That's exactly the design flaw I
> pointed out.
Yes, exactly. I know that some time ago I refactored the TraxTransformer
so that the TransformerHandler was only created when it is really
needed. Then someone added the checking of the includes and
therefore the TransformerHandler is created every time which
is really a performance killer.

> >Just make some speed comparision with and without the flag and
> see if it helps you as well.
> >

> I'm more than sure that it helps! But I wouldn't like a temporary
> quick'n'dirty workaround go into a release...

I don't think that it is quick and dirty. It's just a "performance
tuning" that says "don't check includes stylesheets during
caching". Even with the refactoring you mention this flag might
make sense. Without the flag instead of one single (main)
stylesheet, now the four/five included stylesheets are checked
as well which is obviously five times slower. That's my point.
The default for this flag is the old behviour anyway.

Carsten