Steve K wrote:

Hey folks --

I have developed a few Avalon Components (they all extend AbstractLogEnabled) that I am currently using inside of Cocoon, but I would like to use them in another, much simpler application. I know the ExcalibirTestCase does a pretty good job at providing a simple environment for the components to run in -- is there a similar wrapper I can use to run the components in another app? Or do I have to use ECM/Fortress/Merlin to host the components?

There is a utility in the framework that you can use to set things up.
http://avalon.apache.org/framework/api/org/apache/avalon/framework/container/ContainerUtil.html
Your application would need to include the logic of building the artifacts (config, context, service manager, etc.). If you want to avoid coding this sort of information into you application - then an embedded container is the alternative approach.

Stephen.

--

Stephen J. McConnell
mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]