On 24.11.2003 16:45, Sebastian Klamar wrote:

Hi,

is there any special intension (configure component once, run many times
with less if's for performance issues?) to configure the extract-uri
and extract-element for the FragmentExtractorTransformer (batik
block) inside <map:components> instead of to to make them known via
<map:parameter>s?

I don't know what was the basis for the decision-making for the FragmentExtractor, but in general in <map:components/> a default generation is provided while it can be overridden using <map:parameter/>.

I have a sitemap where I need the extractor with three different
extract-{uri,element} constellations.  With the current situation I'm
obliged to configure three different transformers (with same logger and
src, but different extract-{uri,element}) inside <map:components>.
That's very redundant and space wasting :-(  I'd like to configure both
parameters every time the transformer gets called inside a pipeline with
the help of nesting <map:parameter> elements.

The change would be really easy as you can see if you have a look at other transformers that are <map:parameter>izable - something I could even do ;-) But I don't have that much time at the moment. And you must let the caching be based on the two parameters.

To the others: Is there any reason this transformer is in the batik block? AFAICS it has nothing to do with batik and is a really simple transformer.

Joerg