On 1 Dec 2003, at 13:04, Mats Norén wrote:

Things that could prove useful:

6) observation - add listeners to specific events in the repository based on both the type of event and on the location in the repository.

yes, this is *very* useful. But I'm not sure how we could handle this ATM so I would leave it out for now.

7) visitable nodes in the tree - do batch processing on nodes in the repository, etc. For example to set specific properties on nodes in a specific branch.

no branching for now, Slide doesn't support it (yet).

From a flow (or more correctly from a rhino) perspective I´ve been thinking about some kind of scriptable node to make it possible to script certain tasks against the repository. This could of course be used from the flow-layer as well.
Anyone else out there that´s been experimenting with this idea?

I´m aware of the fact that these functionality requirements are not the first to consider when converging the repository concept in Cocoon, but I still think they can be useful. :)

Definately, and JCR addresses all of these issues. But don't hold your breath to have these implemented soon.

--
Stefano.