Christopher Oliver wrote:
> Why not have processPipelineTo take a javax.xml.transform.Result
> instead of an OutputStream?

Yes, that might be a good solution (although back incompatible IIUC).
Buffering in a byte array might also work. I'm just (overly?) worried
about the performance penalty of serialization/parsing which does not
take place with Sylvain's approach. I think I'm seeking for the best of
both, which might only be possible with an extra FOM method?.

Guido

> Guido Casper wrote:
>
>> Did anyone else also feel the need to have something like
>> processPipelineTo but getting a DOM or just an InputStream instead of
>> just streaming it directly to another OutputStream?
>>
>> Guido
>>

>> Geoff Howard wrote:

cocoon.getComponent(Packages.org.apache.excalibur.source.SourceResolver.
>> ROLE);

Packages.javax.xml.parsers.DocumentBuilderFactory.newInstance().newDocum