I started a hack to make client side validation.

Basically, I add a wd:validation just under wd:field. I would like to use the one in the wd:datatype but I don't know how to access it : woody transformer makes it disappear. Then I transform it with a hack in woody-field-styling that builds javascript like javascript struts (almost).

I use the widgets' definition file like a widgets repository that have invariant constraints. Why is there a required attribute in the definition ? That links the repository to the form. Idem with binding information.

Why not use a widgets repository, that contains invariant information only, and forms definition that expresses specific binding and constraints for each form ?

Sorry if this has already been discussed.

--

Jean-Christophe Kermagoret
[EMAIL PROTECTED]