On Mon, Dec 01, 2003 at 03:32:07PM +0100, Michael Wolf wrote:
> Hello,
> so far, I specified the modular database actions in a my.roles file and
> can access them via the getComponent() method:
>
> var action = cocoon.getComponent("mod-db-sel");
>
> To call the act method of the action I have to specify the various
> parameters:
>
> public java.util.Map act(Redirector redirector,
>                          SourceResolver resolver,
>                          java.util.Map objectModel,
>                          java.lang.String source,
>              org.apache.avalon.framework.parameters.Parameters param)
>
> In my flowscript I have the parameters in javaScript:
>
> for example: {"table-set" : "login_check"}
>
> I've heard that the redirector and the source parameter can be null.
> But what about the other parameters?
> How do I access a resolver and the objectModel to pass it to the act-method?
> How do I transform my parameters to the appropriate format?
> Is there a script that already implements such a transformation?
There is an implementation for this in old FOM (or anything this is named).
This has never been transferred to new FOM as this practise is considered
not elegant. I am also not happy about it as I like to prototype web
applications using XSP actions which helps a lot.

Still I do not understand why an xsp action is a bad thing. As long as you
code only application logic there (and no redirects) it is a nice separation
from controller itself (flow) and does not involve much coding.

        lg
--
            __
        \_\\  //_/       [EMAIL PROTECTED]           _\\()//_