On 28.01.2004 18:21, Carlos Chávez wrote:

 i am think this is related with the datatype of Woody and Java
 the datatype in woody integer is converter in java.lang.Integer
 and the datatype in woody decimal is converter in java.math.BigDecimal

IMO it's a problem of the FlowScript implementation/Rhino or what exactly, that defaults to Double for numbers. Can't this be handled more automatically by the FlowScript when calling Java? Christopher?

Try this :

offsetWidget.value = new java.lang.Integer(0);

Thank you very much, this works like a charm :)

Now I tried to access the error on the other end by changing the Woody
definition and binding. As there is no double datatype I tried float with
the
following result:
"Tried to set value of output widget "repeater.offset" with an object of
an
incorrect type: expected class java.lang.Float, received class
java.math.BigDecimal."
That was not what I expected! Also this error occurs on binding load time,
not
when I set the value. Is this a bug??

My concern above was another one as no "decimal" was involved. I set the datatype and the convertor to "float" and the binding had a problem with it (no FlowScript "widget.value = 0" involved!). If I remember correctly the binding was to an XML file and the element with its value was <offset>10</offset>.

Ok, instead of asking for further help on the last issue I had a look into the convertors myself - they are nicely short :) And I guess I found the reason for this problem: The PlainFloatConvertor returned a BigDecimal object - I guess just a copy & paste problem. I will commit it now. Please confirm my observation.

Joerg