Added CC to PMC list for the record (so PMC archive will have this).

Steven Noels wrote:

Hi,

there were comments at the time of Cocoon's migration to TLP status that our mission was self-referencing, so we had a short discussion on the developers list which resulted in a new mission statement, needing ratification by the board:

"The Apache Cocoon Community Project fosters community-based exploration, design and implementation of application frameworks, specifically but not exclusively web-related. It focuses on XML pipelining, centralized configuration mechanisms and separation of concerns through composability rather than programmability, by combining and extending existing Apache and other open source libraries. It hosts application development frameworks, applications built on these frameworks, and development tools built for these frameworks and applications."

The reservation w.r.t. making our mission "web application development-only", suggested by making "non-web-exclusiveness" explicit in our mission statement is because Cocoon is designed to be largely context-independent, and that, apart from the obvious Servlet incantation, there also exists a Bean variant, a CLI interface, and it can also be hosted in a JSR168 Portlet container.

In case this statement meets the requirements of the board, please include it into the next board meeting agenda for ratification.

Thanks!

</Steven>