Bertrand Delacretaz wrote:

> > I noticed the Petstore and Linotype samples were both
> broken _after_
> > the release. I'm not sure what caused this but it'd
> probably be a good
> > idea to test all the samples before releasing next time....
>
> I think we all agree that testing is a good idea, but only a
> few of us did report on tests and problems during the last
> code freeze.
>
> Technically, the solution is obvious: more automated tests
> will make it possible to ship known good releases, instead of
> just hoping for the best as we have to do now.
>
> Unless people dedicate more energy to writing tests, however,
> I'm afraid we are bound to have more buggy releases.

Unfortunately absolutely true.

> A new test a day keeps the bugs away :-)

:)

It might have been discussed before, but I still have this thought anyway:
Isn't it possible to use our nice crawling feature of Cocoon to check
each link? So, basically we could start Cocoon as a servlet, start the
crawler and the crawler reports every link (URI) that doesn't produce
a valid response (throws an exception). I'm not sure, but that should
only be a bunch of lines and would imho help a little bit.
WDYT?

Carsten