yeah, it's wrong but you wouldn't know.

> Unfortunately, an internal request/environment gets a copy of
> the parent object model, so it also gets the key in it's copy.
> So, in this case startProcessing() is legal and *must* overwrite
> the key stored in the object model.

but then I can't see the real point in protecting the environment processing
by a key. why not binding resource looked up/used while processing/to be
cleaned up to the actual environment then?

> > This is the approach taken in the 2.2 code base. Perhaps when
> > that code grows up it can be ported to 2.1 module as well.
> > Carsten can tell you more about that though.
> >
> The 2.2 code base is in many aspects much cleaner and also understandable
> (I hope) than 2.1.x. There are still some pieces to clean up, but we
> hope to do this in the next weeks.
> But one thing still remains: the processing key is stored in the object
> model.
> It's easy, fast and works. However, if someone has a better idea, I
> would be very happy as I don't want to put anything of that sort into
> the object model.

what about an environment attribute (I see that *EnvironmentWrapper also
delegates this to the wrapped environment, though)?

> In this aspect 2.2 is much better as only the key is stored in the object
> model,
> everything else is stored not reachable from either the environment or the
> object model. So, it's much cleaner and safer.

with everything else you mean request, response, ... objects? I guess I'm
going to take a look... ;-)