* Upayavira <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> [2004-02-22 07:58]:
> Alan wrote:
>
> >* Antonio Gallardo <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> [2004-02-20 11:25]:
> >

> >>Reinhard Poetz dijo:

> >>Maybe this is a crazy idea but: Is posible to replace jisp with Apache
> >>Xindice? Mainly because I have concerns for another ugly move (as jisp
> >>did) if we choose a solution from a 3rd party again. If we use Apache
> >>Xindice I think this cannot happen again.

> >Can I suggest moving to Momento?

> Alan, whilst I _am_ very interested to read about Momento, I do wonder
> if it is what we need for our caching persistence engine. I would
> describe that as primarily a binary data store, while sometimes storing
> XML.

> The cache sometimes stores XML part way through a pipeline, but usually
> stores the serialised result of a page, which may be in any format (i.e.
> binary).

> I tend to think that Momento isn't suited to this need.

> However, as an XML data repository, it seems very interesting.

I've got a better idea of how Jisp is used in Cocoon from reading
    all the discussion after my post.

    I suggested Momento because someone suggested Xindice which led
    me to believe Jisp handled an XML persistence task.

    Might not be the best bet, no.

Cheers.

--
Alan / [EMAIL PROTECTED] / http://engrm.com/
    aim/yim: alanengrm - icq: 228631855 - msn: [EMAIL PROTECTED]