I'm not sure how this got broken in 2.1.4 but one way to fix it is to simply remove the flow-interpreters line from components:

<map:components>
<map:generators default="file">
<!-- in this example we use JXTemplateGenerator to insert
Flow variables in page content -->
<map:generator label="content,data" logger="sitemap.generator.jx"
name="jx" src="org.apache.cocoon.generation.JXTemplateGenerator"/>
</map:generators>
<map:flow-interpreters default="JavaScript"/> <<== REMOVE THIS LINE <map:transformers default="xslt"/>
<map:serializers default="html"/>
<map:matchers default="wildcard"/>
<map:selectors default="browser">
<map:selector name="exception" src="org.apache.cocoon.selection.XPathExceptionSelector">
<exception name="invalid-continuation"
class="org.apache.cocoon.components.flow.InvalidContinuationException"/>
<exception class="java.lang.Throwable" unroll="true"/>
</map:selector>
</map:selectors>
<map:actions/>
<map:pipes default="caching"/>
</map:components>

CC-ing dev in case somebody there can explain what happened.

HTH,

Chris

Rafael Alvarado wrote:

I am trying to set up a flow application, but I am unable to get the sample "game" application running -- the one found in the tutorial (http://cocoon.apache.org/2.1/userdocs/flow/tutor.html). I am running Tomcat 5.0.16 on Redhat 9. I have tried to deploy the subsite in two instances of cocoon (both of which run fine): (1) the one that comes with the latest eXist, and (2) the latest version of Cocoon (2.1.4) , with everything installed (I did not edit any of the .properties files). In the eXist case, the URL http://myserver:8080/exist/mount/game/ returns a blank page. In the Cocoon case, I get an error message saying there a no languages defined -- and yet the flow examples work.
Help -- flow is way cool, and it is what I have looking for for some time ...
Rafael
Rafael C. Alvarado
Manager of Humanities Computing Research Applications
316 87 Prospect | Princeton University