Hamilton Verissimo de Oliveira (Engenharia - SPO) wrote:

-----Mensagem original-----
De: Stefano Mazzocchi [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]

Just keep in mind that everytime you do code generation IDEs that need to compile classes to operate (like Eclipse or Idea) choke big time.

Haven't had this experience. All the time things got out-of-date I ran an
Ant script to exec xdoclet. Eclipse saw the 'gensrc' as a source dir and
compiled everything without choking.

But this gets pretty hairy with CVS and a distributed workgroup, believe me.

If we can use introspection or dynamic proxying instead, it would be a much better thing, IMO, for this very reason.

I think you should worry about tangling. JMX code scattered all over the place should be avoided in any project for any scenario. If was my choice I would pickup AspectJ, but it seems to fail miserably with large projects.

I do see the value of aspect orientation, especially in this context, but no java technology for AOP is mature enough for us to use, I fear.

--
Stefano.