Corin Moss wrote:
Hi Guys,

I might be getting ahead of myself a bit here, but I'm going to try and
turn off the default MRU store, in favour of the JCS based persistent
store.  I'd like to try some tests on performance without the default
MRU - has anyone else tried anything similar? I've simply set the core
store's role to point to the JCS store implementation.

I guess I already got ahead of you when I renamed JCSPersistentStore JCSStore just now :-) (And merged it with the AbstractJCSStore BTW). It seems to me that JCS is both and it could replace all three stores: DefaultStore, TransientStore and PersistentStore.

The rationale behind this is that JCS implements a MRU store all on its
own - this simplifies things a bit as far as I'm concerned

Does it back memory stores with persistent stores in the same way that DefaultStore is doing? That is, a memory store upfront and a background task moving out items into a more persistent region when memory runs low?

Unico