On 09.03.2004 09:17, Carsten Ziegeler wrote:
Ok, actually the JStyleFormatter is not used, here is the part
from the xconf:

      <!-- Specifies which formatter to use to format source code.
           This parameter is optional.
           It is commented out because of bug #5689: Java "code-formatter"
           incorrectly formats double values -->
      <!--parameter name="code-formatter"
value="org.apache.cocoon.components.language.programming.java.JstyleFormatte
r"/-->

That was the reason for asking if it has been in use.

Is anyone against removing this completly (at least from 2.2) and
deprecating it in 2.1.x?

+1 especially as there is no place to get more recent versions of jstyle. IIRC this thing has been renamed to astyle and ended completely at the end.

After Jalopy was added I tried to write also a JalopyFormatter. But they need something File-based (don't know what exactly, it was not the file-to-be-formatted) and so I stopped it - I didn't want to patch Jalopy first. Furthermore there is the issue of the forking of a commercial version by the main developer Marco Hunsicker. Maybe it's better to wait for a community development, not that they overtake jstyle's fate ...

Joerg