Carsten Ziegeler wrote:

<snip>

We only want to have one flow implementation (language), which is
Javascript. If we put the Java version as a block in our CVS, it
immediately looks like that if we would have two and more implementations
or even worse, that the JavaScript implementation was a mistake. And then the confusion about "Which one should I use?", "Which
one is better?", "How long is the JavaScript impl. supported?" etc. starts. And I would really like to avoid this.

I've been disconnected for a couple months, when was it decided that "we only want to have one flow implementation" ?

Additionally, I can't see how it would be confusing if we put it in a block, mark it unstable and experimental, and put a note stating clearly so, since that's precisely what it is.

It's ok for me, to evaluate the Java Continuations and decide later which version to support (with a clear migration path if required),
so I would prefer to put it somewhere else (sf, cocoondev etc.).
If everyone else wants to have it directly in our cocoon cvs then
I would prefer the scratchpad block.

IMO the best way to evaluate it and see if it's worthwhile is exactly by putting it in our CVS, so I can't see any problem housing it in the scratchpad. If it becomes strong enough on its own to become a separate project, then I would not have any qualms about wanting to move the Java continuations stuff to SF or a separate project housing place.

Carsten

Tony