Stephan Michels wrote:

[ ] Move it into scratchpad [X] Leave it where it is [ ] Rename it to _______

my argumentation is primarily short-term/pragmatic:

starting at two observations:
1/ this is cool stuff and as far as I can see the reactions just about everyone here is salivating and wants to interact with that code

2/ the block-unit is the only thing our current infrastructure is offering to efficiently and atomically snap in and out certain functionality

Taking this pragmatic view I can't see but a lot of similarity between this block and a lot of others...

IMHO, were this block will take us in the future is not the question here and now..

regards,
-marc=

My opinion is to leave it where it is, because I heard too much the argument that "flow is a great thing, but javascript?!". People already started to port the flow stuff for example to Struts, see http://www.rollerweblogger.org/page/roller/20040327#jsp_control_flow_engine

I think the java flow thing is too important to go with it into
scratchpad. For example you could also use Groovy to implement your
flow, because Groovy also produces Java classes.

I done a lot of afford to make it work like the javascript
implementation. So that it is only a choise, which language you
prefer.

But I'm curious about our opinions, Stephan Michels.

-- Marc Portier http://outerthought.org/ Outerthought - Open Source, Java & XML Competence Support Center Read my weblog at http://blogs.cocoondev.org/mpo/ [EMAIL PROTECTED] [EMAIL PROTECTED]