On Sat, 2004-03-27 at 16:31, Guido Casper wrote:
> Concerning the repository ... I just committed another repository
> interface :-) that tries to be a best effort in consolidating all the
> different approaches and accommodating all concerns in a flexible way
> (by having opional helpers for property management, versoning and
> transaction management).
>
> Like suggested in this thread
>
> the approach does not intend to build upon the source interface but to
> provide an interface for different repository implementations (on top of
> which a RepositorySource might be implemented).
>
> I'll try to come up with a first cut of an implementation for a WebDAV
> repository by the end of next weekend.

Cool.

We in the Lenya land also plan to "use a kind of repository". We tried
to gather all our repository interface requirements in
http://wiki.cocoondev.org/Wiki.jsp?page=LenyaRepositoryRequirements .

The last days I played around with the slide block. For example I used
the SlideSource and the repository block to save and read from slide.

The main lack of the repository interface or slide source was:

- How to access versioning functionality

I see two obvious approaches:

1.) Directly use the interface VerisonableSource which is implemented by
SlideSource or use the Repository interface to create new versions etc.
The problem is
 * The repository interface supports no methods for versioning
 * SlideSource does implement the VersionableSource but the appropiate
method bodies are quite empty.

What interests me is:

    What do u plan for versioning regarding the repository interface?

FYI:

In Lenya land we tend to use JCR in the future and think about using
Slide somehow now. I think the best would be to isolate slide/jcr by a
repositroy layer in cocoon. Of course WebDAV plays a role , too. I can
imagine WebDAV under JCR or a raw WEBdav based repository
implementation.

Important is imho, that all "repositories" are isolated by a common
repository interface.

--
Regards,

    Rolf Kulemann