On Apr 3, 2004, at 9:35 PM, Sylvain Wallez wrote:

leo leonid wrote:

On Apr 3, 2004, at 5:55 PM, Joerg Heinicke wrote:

On 02.04.2004 19:42, leo leonid wrote:

I can't confirm that <wd:submit validate="false"/> functionality is restored.
It's OK in Revision 1.2 though. Or did the syntax change?

Try CForms "aggregate" sample, "switch" button - it was broke before, now works.

It still doesn't work in general.

The problem is, that you only cancel standard validation. But you get stuck if you have a additional custom validation step.

This means you have set a validator on the flow script level, i.e. this.validator = aFunction; ??

yep, inspired by Bruno's custom validation sample...

If so, this feature is more or less deprecated though there was no official decision made about this until now, but Sylvain mentioned it as he added the possibility of adding validators to every widget. The flow script validator was more or less a hack,

Hey, I'm happy with it, it was a feature, *now* we have a bug.

now you have something official.

If it is as useful and funny, OK!

I mean, if you say its a wontfix I immediately stop patching my Form.js, willing to follow your official way. Could you give me a pointer to this. (Or a replacement of the then deprecated custom validation sample would be great ;)

I don't have much time to follow up on this, but yes, the flow-level validator *was* useful when we did not have validators-on-every-widget. But now I am +1 to remove that feature from flow.js since we can directly add it to the Form object.

Sylvain

OK, I'm a switcher.

OT: Stepping through the source of v2/ScriptableWidget - though without understanding that much - by now I can say: it was worth it! a visual treasure, that is not code formatting anymore, but fine arts. (e.g. lines 661-673)

/leo