Hi,

Our internal content management system - incorporating Web, Teletext and
(shortly) on-air TV systems uses XUL as a rich interface.  Basically our
user requirements meant that a flat web-based CMS wasn't suitable.  And
I was loathe to go forward with an HTML / Javascript based rich
interface.  We make extensive use of XUL trees and RDF templates, and a
lot of our functionality is drag and drop based. All the RDF is created
(of course) by Cocoon The really interesting thing about our system is
that we also incorporate a legacy ActiveX OCX - using a Moz activex
container (http://www.iol.ie/~locka/mozilla/plugin.htm)

We're using Firefox as our XUL browser.

I won't say it was all plain sailing - but what we've ended up with is
an incredibly rich, powerful interface, which is really dead easy to
maintain.  Things like context-menus are really non-trivial with HTML.
With XUL it's very much business as usual ;)  One of the biggest
advantages we're getting is asynchronous processing within the client.
For example, in an html model if a particular operation is expensive on
the server side, the time taken to process is (usually) directly fed
back to the user in terms of page response times.  In a XUL model, you
can use observers etc to ensure that the user can go on un-interrupted,
and still ensure that responses are fed back to them as available.

As you can probably tell - this is a tech which is fairly dear to my
heart, feel free to ask more detailed questions if you'd like :)

Corin