David Crossley wrote:

Links inside headings are not handled
e.g. http://wiki.apache.org/cocoon/BlockDescriptions
should have a local link in the heading which goes to
our Batik wiki page.

old: http://wiki.cocoondev.org/Wiki.jsp?page=BlockDescriptions

I presume that would be a minor problem. People could add
them post-conversion.

This is something Moin can't do. This is something I think we'll just have to do manually post (or pre-) conversion. Just move the link out of the heading.

David Crossley wrote:

The process of running the conversion script is an
excellent opportunity to automatically catch some spam
that has crept in.

There is no doubt that we have missed some vandalism
cases. We are only a few humans trying to manually catch it.
Also remember the problem with the diff notification that
only runs every hour and we only get the most recent change.

Is it possible to generate a list of vandalised pages?
For example one pattern is "emmss.com".

On the other hand, we could probably run some 'find | grep'
commands on the server-side after the conversion.

If we can come up with simple rules as to how to implement this, then yes, but I'd rather just get the conversion done. I've got an exclusions file which says which pages to exclude from conversion. I can add files to that.

Otherwise, I think a manual grep for http:// would probably be a good idea, and then edit the links out via the gui.

Regards, Upayavira